What does this policy cover
This policy sets out how VOTS collects and uses the information that we collect about you when you visit or shop on our webstore.
Information we collect and its use
We collect the following types of information about you:
Information you provide us directly
We may ask for certain information such as your first and last name, birthdate, phone number, and e-mail address when you register for a VOTS Points account or during checkout. We use this information to operate, maintain, and provide to you the features and functionality of the Service. We may also use this information to correspond with you, and to address any issues you raise about the Service.
If you give us info about you, we will keep it and use it to provide our Service and make our service better.
Information we may receive from third parties
We may receive information about you from third parties. For example, if you access our websites or Service through a third-party connection or log-in, for example, through Facebook Connect, by “following,” “liking,” linking your account to VOTS Points or with other mediums of online communication, etc., that third party may pass certain information about your use of purchase behavior with VOTS. This information could include, but is not limited to, the user ID associated with your account (for example, your Facebook UID), an access token necessary to access that service, any information that you have permitted the third party to share with us, and any information you have made public in connection with that service. You should always review, and if necessary, adjust your privacy settings on third-party websites and services before linking or connecting them with VOTS. You may also unlink your third party account by adjusting your settings on the third party service. If you unlink your third party account, we will no longer receive information collected about you in connection with that service.
When you use our Service, third parties might give us some info about you, especially if you are signed into a third party account while using our Service.
Information we collect from you automatically
We may directly collect analytics data, or use third-party analytics tools, to help us measure traffic and usage trends as a way to track which products sell better than others, or to use the data in a re-targeting advertisement. These tools collect information sent by your browser or mobile device, including the pages you visit and other information that assists us in improving the Service.
To help us improve our service we keep info about how you use our service.
When you visit the Service, we may send one or more cookies — a small text file containing a string of alphanumeric characters — to your computer that uniquely identifies your browser and lets VOTS help you log in faster and enhance your navigation through the site. A cookie may also convey information to us about how you use the webstore (e.g., the pages you view, the links you click and other actions you take on the webstore), and allow us or our business partners to track your usage of the webstore over time.
You can control or reset your cookies through your web browser, which will allow you to customize your cookie preferences and to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, some features of the webstore may not function properly if the ability to accept cookies is disabled.
We may send cookies to your web browser (not the yummy kind) to help you use the VOTS webstore. If you would like to adjust your cookie settings, please consult your browser instructions.
Log file information
Log file information is automatically reported by your browser or mobile device each time you access the VOTS webstore. When you use our webstore, our servers automatically record certain log file information. These server logs may include anonymous information such as your web request, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, referring / exit pages and URLs, number of clicks and how you interact with links on the webstore, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed, and other such information.
Whenever you load a page from our webstore, your browser sends us info about itself and your interactions with our webstore. That info gets stored on our servers.
When you access the webstore by or through a mobile device (including but not limited to smart-phones or tablets), we may access, collect, monitor and/or remotely store one or more “device identifiers,” such as a universally unique identifier (“UUID”). Device identifiers are small data files or similar data structures stored on or associated with your mobile device, which uniquely identify your mobile device. A device identifier may be data stored in connection with the device hardware, data stored in connection with the device’s operating system or other software, or data sent to the device by VOTS. A device identifier may convey information to us about how you browse and use the webstore. A device identifier may remain persistently on your device, to help you log in faster and enhance your navigation through the webstore. Some features of the webstore may not function properly if use or availability of device identifiers is impaired or disabled.
In order to track how different people are using our webstore we might store a unique ID on your mobile that helps us do that.
When you access the webstore by or through a mobile device, we may access, collect, monitor and/or remotely store “location data,” which may include GPS coordinates (e.g. latitude and/or longitude) or similar information regarding the location of your mobile device. Location data may convey to us information about how you browse and use the webstore. Some features of the webstore, particularly location-based services, may not function properly if use or availability of location data is impaired or disabled.
Your mobile device can give us information about where you are. We’ll try and use this to offer you better service.
How we use your information
We use the information we collect about you for the following purposes:
- Providing you with the webstore: We use the information that you provide us to provide the webstore to you. This includes allowing you to log in to VOTS Points, operating and maintaining the webstore with variant apps to help improve functionality and efficiency of the webstore, giving you access to your designs and billing you for transactions that you make via the webstore. We also use information we collect about you automatically to remember information about you so that you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the site
- For data analytics: We use information about you to help us improve the webstore and our users’ experience, including by monitoring aggregate metrics such as total number of visitors, traffic, and demographic patterns.
- Customizing the webstore for you: We use information you provide us and information about you to make sure that your use of the webstore is customized to your needs. For example, if you tell us your profession to recommend designs that are likely to be relevant to you.
- To communicate with you about the webstore: We use your contact information to get in touch with you and to send communications about critical elements of the webstore. For example, we may send you emails about technical issues, security alerts or administrative matters.
- To promote and drive engagement with the webstore: We use your contact information to get in touch with you about features and offers relating to the webstore that we think you would be interested in. We also use information we collect about you to make sure that you get the most relevant offers and promotions based on your use of the webstore, and your preferences. You can opt-out of getting these communications as described below.
- Customer happiness: We use information about you, information that you provide to our customer happiness team, and information about your interactions with the webstore to resolve technical issues you experience with the webstore, and to ensure that we can repair and improve the webstore for all users.
- For matters that you have specifically consent to: From time to time VOTS may seek your consent to use your information for a particular purpose. Where you consent to our doing so, we will use it for that purpose. Where you no longer want us to use your information for that purpose you may withdraw your consent to this use.
- For matters that we are required to use your information by law: VOTS will use or disclose your information where we reasonably believe that such action is necessary to (a) comply with the law and the reasonable requests of law enforcement; (b) to enforce or to protect the security or integrity of our Service; and/or (c) to exercise or protect the rights, property, or personal safety of VOTS, our Users or others.
These are the reasons that VOTS may need to use information about you.
Legal bases for processing information under the GDPR (for users in the EEA)
For VOTS webstore users in the the European Economic Area (EEA) VOTS processes your information in accordance with European laws and regulations such as the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). The GDPR governs how VOTS may process your information, and the rights that EEA users have in relation to it. This means that VOTS will collect and use your information only where:
- We need it to provide you the Service and fulfill our obligations to you in providing the products you may place orders for.
- It it justified because of a legitimate interest such as for research and development or marketing the webstore (but only where our legitimate interest isn’t overridden by your interest in protecting your data).
- You consent to us using your information in a certain way.
- It is necessary for compliance with our legal obligations.
If you have consented to our use of your information you may withdraw that consent at any time. Depending on the situation you can either withdraw your consent by emailing email@example.com. Where we are using your information because of a legitimate interest to do so, you have the right to object to that use. However, if you do so it may mean that it is not possible for you to continue using the Services.
Sharing your information
We will not rent or sell your information into third parties outside VOTS and its group companies (including any parent, subsidiaries and affiliates) without your consent, except as noted in this section:
We won’t share your personal information without your permission except as follows:
Who we may share your information with
Some of the third parties that VOTS may share your personal information with include providers who assist VOTS with functions such as:
- Customer support and customer management;
- Email services;
- Hosting and storage;
- Analytics; and
- Delivery of physical products;
We might share some information on you with our business partners, but only as necessary to provide the service to you or to fulfill VOTS' legitimate business interests.
Opting out of collection of your information for Tracking / Advertising
Please refer to your mobile device or browser’s technical information for instructions on how to delete and disable cookies, and other tracking/recording tools. Depending on your type of device, it may not be possible to delete or disable tracking mechanisms on your mobile device. Note that disabling cookies and/or other tracking tools prevents VOTS or its business partners from tracking your browser’s activities in relation to the Service, and for use in targeted advertising activities by third parties. However, doing so may disable many of the features available through the webstore. If you have any questions about opting out of the collection of cookies and other tracking/recording tools, you can contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you want us to stop collecting information about you, there may be some settings you can adjust in your browser or device. But VOTS might be pretty boring without it.
Rights in respect of your Information
The laws of some countries grant particular rights in respect of personal information. Users in those jurisdictions may have the right to:
- Request a copy of your information;
- Request that we correct inaccuracies relating to your information;
- Request that your information be deleted or that we restrict access to it;
- Request a structured electronic version of your information; and
- Object to our use of your information;
Should you wish to make a request in respect of your personal information please contact us at email@example.com.
In some circumstances VOTS may not be able to comply with a request that you make in respect of your personal data. For example, we may not be able to provide a copy of your information where it infringes on the rights of another User. We may also be required to retain certain information that you ask us to delete for various reasons, such as where there is a legal requirement to do so. In some cases, you may have shared your information with third parties, such as by publishing a design on a third party’s website. In that case VOTS will not be able to delete the information, and you will need to contact that third party directly.
If we are unable to resolve your request, or if you are concerned about a potential violation, you may be entitled to report the issue or make a complaint to the data protection authority in your jurisdiction.
You may have specific rights in relation to your information depending on where you live.
How to contact us